UPS Shipping Calculator
UPS Shipping Calculator
Are you looking to ship an item and don’t know how much it will cost? Are you worried about going over your budget on shipping? Check out the UPS shipping calculator. With this handy tool, you can get an estimate for how much your shipment will cost without having to call or visit a UPS store. Just enter the weight and dimensions of your package, as well as the destination zip code, and the shipping calculator will do the rest. So whether you’re sending a small gift or a big parcel, use the UPS shipping calculator to help keep your costs in check.
What is a UPS Shipping Calculator?
UPS Shipping Calculator is a tool that makes it easier for you to estimate shipping costs when using the UPS service. It will provide an estimate based on your input along with other factors such as:
- Service Type (Ground, Next Day Air, etc.)
- Destination Country and Postal Code
- Package Length and Width in Inches
- Total package weight in pounds
To use the shipping calculator, simply enter all your information below and click “Calculate” at the bottom of this page:
Package Information: 1) Enter your package length and width dimensions in inches (length + width + height must be less than 150): Length = x inches Width = x inches Height = x inches 2) Enter weight of package (in lbs): lbs
Package Information Destination Postal Code & Country:
1) Enter your destination country in the form below (if not found, click on flag icon for a list of countries).
2) Enter your destination postal code (if not found, click on the flag icon for a list of countries).
3) Click on your country’s flag to show more information about the destination country and postal code.
1) Base Charge:
The base charge is what UPS charges per package simply to deliver it from one place to another. This charge does NOT take into account the dimensions or weight of a package and can vary greatly depending on where and how far you want them to go.
2) Service Charge:
This charge considers package dimensions and weight, the delivery location, the service you selected (Ground or Next Day Air), and the availability of service to your destination country. 3) Total Estimate This is the total estimated amount that it will cost to ship this package to your chosen destination postal code & country using UPS services. It will also estimate how much this would be if it were calculated by Weight or Dimension.
UPS calculates shipping rates by the cubic feet your package measures. A box that is 10x10x10 will measure 30 cubic feet, for instance. If you are shipping something flat — such as poster boards — , you measure both dimensions of the item to find its cubic volume.
1) Measure the length of your item in inches and multiply it by itself (square inches). You can use a ruler or calipers to take this measurement.
2) Multiply the width of your item in inches times itself (square inches), then multiply that number by the length of your item in inches.
3) Now, add these two numbers together to get your total square footage of surface area for one side of paper or material you are shipping.
4) Add a half-inch to your total for wiggle room, then multiply that number by the height of your item in inches. This is your cubic foot calculation.
5) Go to UPS’ website and find their calculator tool on the front page. Then, choose’ cubic feet’ in the drop-down menu under ‘measurement units.’
6) If you have more than one side with surface area, repeat steps 2 through 5 again, so you have two measurements — one for each side of your box or item being shipped.
7) Your first measurement (the larger one from step 4) is how many cubic feet you will be charged per package. Then, multiply that number by $3.75 to get your shipping charge.
For example, a box that measures 10x10x10 is 100 square inches on each side of the item for a total of 200 square inches. Add a half-inch of wiggle room, and you have 2 cubic feet (200+1/2 = 201). Your customer will be charged $7.50 for this package because it is two cubic feet being shipped, which is double the rate from an item that is one cubic foot in volume.
UPS has a shipping calculator that can help you estimate the cost of shipping your package. You can use this calculator to get an idea of how much it will cost to ship your package, and then you can choose the best shipping option for your needs. The UPS shipping calculator is easy to use, and it provides accurate estimates for the cost of shipping.